Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mutual

I went and observed Mutual at a Mormon church in Nampa. Mutual is where the kids or teenagers of the ward come together once a week and hang out. They start out with saying a few prayers in a cramped room. About that time the leaders explain the rules for the day, and what is expected of them. Then all of the kids jump up and take off running to the gym inside of the church. I noticed around this time that everyone is wearing white t-shirts. I walk to the gym to see what the big commotion is and what kind of games they will be playing. I walk in to see black lights scattered around the gym, and two volleyball nets set up. Teens are screaming and having fun and setting up there teams. I watched them for a while and wondered if I could join in because it looked so fun. But I refrained myself. About that time a girl that I knew came over and invited me to play so I joined in. I was excited to get into the group and really feel apart of it for a few minutes. I found myself diving for the ball and finding out that I was having a lot of fun. When I was pulled from the game I went back to really paying attention to what they were doing, and wondering what makes them tick.

I've noticed that Mormons have the best family structure, and I wonder why? How do they make their familes so close and tight? I also wonder why when it comes to Sunday church they split up the boys from the girls, and the singles from the married? Is this to help teen pregnancy, and possibly keeping the home wreckers from wrecking the home? I was able to talk to a few people about the Book of Mormon and I wonder about it? Did someone really find Gold Plates and write the book of Mormon? I'm really excited to be able to write this essay and to also interview people in this religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment