Thursday, February 18, 2010

~Friday Night at Iowa 80~

  • What surprised you about this reading?

I was actually really surprised on how detailed the author made this article. I figured that reading about a truck stop would bore me to tears, but it had such vivid descriptions and it was written in such a way that I felt as if I was there.

  • What intrigued you about this reading?

The fact that I had never really took into consideration that the speed limit difference on the highway played such a significant role in the trucker community really intrigued me. I also thought that the logbooks and cheating on them were very interesting.

  • What disturbed you about this reading?

I was really startled when I read about the man who had only been back home for three hours over the course of about a month! Truckers put so much time into work but yet they only get paid by the mile. That to me is pretty crazy, because without them we would have a hard time getting all the essentials across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment